Ideas on Versatile Fender Amps?

NoRomoFan

• Members

I recently bought a Fender Super Champ XD as a bedroom / practice amp and I have really have to say I'm impressed with the tones I'm getting from it, especially the British and Hot Rod (Deville?) tones I'm getting from it. Thought it might be loud enough to gig with for a small venue I'd like something a little larger say around 40 - 75w that has at least 2 channels maybe 3; a clean channel, one for overdrive / light distortion / drive, and maybe one for heavier distortion for leads. I play a wide variety of music styles but not really metal though I do to play some heavier stuff sometimes. Anyone have quite a bit of experience with Fender amps that could make some recommendations? If you could pm me I'd appreciate it since it's hard to find your way back through these thread sometimes. Any insight is appreciated. I'd like to keep the budget between about $450 - $800 or so (variable though) and I prefer new though I'm open to suggestions.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Needs to be a tube amp.

• Members

Fender is known for one thing: CLEAN.

There are diamonds in the rough that do great overdriven and even distorted tones: Prosonic, SuperSonic, Tone Master.

Take a look at the Cyber Twin. Some tones sound like {censored}. Other sound great.

Nz9vbi57xOg

Archived