Has anyone tried Marshall MA series yet?

wodbs_2004

• Members

the sound demo seemed pretty sweet. The clean is REALLY good, and the OD is perfect for AC/DC thru Megadeth.

Actually, I'm debating between it and the AVT100. Never heard the AVT100, but imma see if I cant try it out this weekend. The AVT100 is only 300, tho.

• Members

Do yourself a favor and stay away from that amp. I mean, if you're able to test one out, do it and then thank me later. The amp is thin, harsh, cold and mushy. Pretty much awful in every aspect.

If you're looking for a real Marshall, buy a used DSL. You can score a very nice one between $500-$800.

• Members
Do yourself a favor and stay away from that amp. I mean, if you're able to test one out, do it and then thank me later. The amp is thin, harsh, cold and mushy. Pretty much awful in every aspect.

If you're looking for a real Marshall, buy a used DSL. You can score a very nice one between $500-$800.

Was just checking on it solely because it is all-tube AND it's cheap, AND it's Marshall. Not the most often seen combination.
I'm more of a Fender fan... I don't dig British tone.
but thx for the information anyway :thu:

• Members

AVT100 is going to be a better sounding amp, even though it's a hybrid.

The MA just doesn't deliver the goods, I test drove one with my favorite Les Paul and A/B'd it against the DSL100 and JVM using the same 4x12 cabinet and although the MA has tubes it misses the boat.

• Members

AVT100 is going to be a better sounding amp, even though it's a hybrid.

The MA just doesn't deliver the goods, I test drove one with my favorite Les Paul and A/B'd it against the DSL100 and JVM using the same 4x12 cabinet and although the MA has tubes it misses the boat.

I mean I'd rather have the JCM600, but the AVT100 is just cheaper. I heard a sound demo and it wasn't half bad at all.

If the AVT100 is gone when I actually have the money, I'm going to continue to save up for the JCM600. But once I have my 300 in hand, if it still there, im getting the AVT100.

• Members

The JCM600 sounds more old school crunch than raging metal, I sold one about 4 months ago. It was nice for studio rhythm work but just didn't get me the gain I want for lead work.

The heaviest I'll ever need to go is Megadeth. Did it get at least to that point?

• Members

:lol: I remember when they said this about the DSL when it came out. Oh, Marshall....

Archived