Recommend me a practice amp

sickman

• Members

I need an amp to take to practice. We rarely practice, but when we do I usually take my old Boogie and the thing is 50-60lbs. IMO, it's not worth moving it from my house for a practice. I do have a Blackstar HT-5 head, but moving it with the cabinent still requires multiple trips from the car. I don't need effects or metal type distortion. We play Allman Brothers, Skynyrd, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Muddy Waters type stuff.

It is possible to get something decent in the $300-400 range that I could carry in one hand with my guitar in the other? Might best bet might just making two trips with the Blackstar and save the heavy lifting for the gigs.:idea:

How is a Marshall Class 5? I did try to use the Blackstar at a gig, but it simply was not enough as it did not have enough headroom or cut through the mix. We practice at a lower volume than we play. A Vox AC 15, made in China, is anothe amp I would consider. I've tried a Peavey Classic 30 and it does not have enough dirt a low volumes for my taste. You need to crank it to get a good sound.

Archived