I am looking for a lyricist to work with on an alternative acoustic album

owen_nicholson

• Members
Hiya,

My names Owen Nicholson and I'm a singer songwriter from Bristol (UK).  I say songwriter but in all honesty I am more of a musician/composer, my lyrics are pretty useless. I have written, recorded and released two previous albums and have been working on this latest one for about 3 years and have decided it is time to ask for some help.  I don't want to ruin what I think could be pretty special songs with bad lyrics.

I have uploaded a few demos to my website (www.mylittleheadspace.co.uk). I use a lot of live looping techniques where I build the songs using a pedal which records and plays back what I am playing in realtime.  I even use the loops in reverse which creates a really nice sound and works great live.

If you are interested in getting involved then please email me on owen_nicholson@yahoo.com.

Hopeully speak soon.

Owen Nicholson

• Members

Hi Owen

I have listened to 3 of your tracks (with lyrics) and my first impression is that you may be underestimating your ability. You are obviously a musician who is serious about his work, and has already come a reasonable distance with writing, performing, recording, and the rest.

I did pick up on areas where your lyrics could be improved, but are you looking for adjustment to your existing lyrics, or totally new songs to the music provided?

This forum is about works in progress - so people workshop their songs at different stages of their development. Maybe this is something you might like to try one song at a time. Post the lyric and a link to the song on Soundcloud and request either general input or specific input.

Anyway, I think it's an option for you to work this way and develop what you've already got. This forum always enjoys input from new contributors. The way it works is that you critique and provide your comments on others' songs, and we do the same in return.

Anyway - have a think about it.

BTW - I'm in Australia and the majority of forumites are those strange people that live across the Atlantic from you, so there are often time lapses to responses.

Phil 

Archived