mesa stiletto vs engl pro

symeboy

• Members

Both are loaded with v30's (which i like). I like a percussive tone.

both are roughly the same size, same price, but engl is heavier at 50kg vs the mesa at 45kg.

Becuase of the weight i might consider a 2x12, lifting 50kg around is like carrying a girl around but less fun!

• Members

yeah, I play with quite strong mids and with EMGs which creates a snappy percussive tone anyway, but i used to own a big 4x12 with v60's and it sounded great but very scooped and not as much impact as my little 1x12 w v30.

So i mean i want a cab that will retain the percussive impact.

• Members

I think the Engl cab is very purcussive and retains great clarity whilst still being punchy. Its definitely a great cab.

Its also a front loaded cab though while the Mesa is rear loaded if im not mistaken

Generally speaking front loaded are punchier, more focused and brighter but also more directional (although i dont find the Engl to be very directional) and rear loaded will be a tad looser and boomier (which can be percieved as having more low end) and less directional. VHT Fatbottom & Diezel cabs would be other examples of Front Loaded while Marshall, Mesa etc..would be rearloaded.

• Members

Never played a Stilletto cab... and I thought the Rectifier cab was the greatest cab in the world until I played my Mills... but I've heard people rant and rave about the Stilletto cabs... talk to Thinkpad... I think they are his favorite cab if I'm not mistaken...

Just from what I understand, the Stilletto cabs are a bit tighter, but have a little less bottom end then the standard cabs... maybe a bit brighter as well, but that could just be hearsay.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived