A minor ebay WTF?

gtrplyr60

• Members

Bought an item recently. Seller is requesting that when I receive the item, check it out and be sure I'm happy A.S.A.P. Then, leave feedback. Reason being, Paypal suspends/holds my payment to him until I leave positive feedback. I've been on ebay for quite awhile and never heard of such a thing. Is this true?

:confused:

• Members
Bought an item recently. Seller is requesting that when I receive the item, check it out and be sure I'm happy A.S.A.P. Then, leave feedback. Reason being, Paypal suspends/holds my payment to him until I leave positive feedback. I've been on ebay for quite awhile and never heard of such a thing. Is this true?

:confused:

Tis true. Especially with a seller with less than 100 transactions. I believe they ease up a bit after that point but until you hit the 100 score, you wait until feedback is left or 21 days which ever comes first.

• Members

{censored}...I never leave feedback...everyone got paid though.....

they supposedly hold it for 21 days, or until they can confirm delivery, at which point the pissed seller has to call Paypal for their money.

Though, happily, I sold an item a couple weeks ago (and had only 89 feedback at that point) and there was no hold on my funds :D

This has only developed in the past year or so. I didn't hear about this until July-ish.

• Members

Ebay truly does there best to keep things "seller unfriendly."

This is so true. If you're a "big seller" it's no big deal, but for small everyday people eBay/paypal seem to go out of their way to {censored} you in the ass. It's almost like they forget that sales are a two-way process, BOTH parties are at risk...

Archived