New Amp Day - MESA BOOGIE!!

adastra87

• Members

I now own a Mesa Dual Rectifier with a Marshall 1960A cab :).

I can't post clips because this amp can blow out my windows with a slight touch of the tone knob (gonna probably find an attentuator or something for at-home use), but this is tube tone unlike any other. Mesa TRULY lives up to it's name. Enjoy the pic.

dmvh2s.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll teach you a secret someone taught me. You won't need an attenuator...I'll pm you in a minute here.

Pssh, nonsense. It isn't necessary to PM him to tell him to throw it out the window. You can post that here. :thu::cop:

J/K adastra87. All in the name of fun. :thu:

• Members

Pssh, nonsense. It isn't necessary to PM him to tell him to throw it out the window. You can post that here.
:thu::cop:

J/K adastra87. All in the name of fun.
:thu:

I don't know where all the hate for the recto's comes from. Mine sounds amazing and does not adhere to any of the stereotypical flaws people tell you around here. I seriously think people just don't know how to dial one in. Which really is easy, turn it up...alot. It's 150W amp, it's meant to blow out car windows. Unless you do the super secret uber sex tone trick I know.

• Members

I don't know where all the hate for the recto's comes from. Mine sounds amazing and does not adhere to any of the stereotypical flaws people tell you around here. I seriously think people just don't know how to dial one in. Which really is easy, turn it up...alot. It's 150W amp, it's meant to blow out car windows. Unless you do the super secret uber sex tone trick I know.

Uh, it's 100w map. :poke: I don't hate. Had my love affair with one. Better map than most. :)

To OP: HNAD! :thu:

• Members

You can't believe anything HCAF says on rectos... in one thread they'll be praising them like jeebuz and in another they'll be saying they're the worst amps ever made... all I'll say is, should have got the Tremoverb

;)

Otherwise HNAD!

I didn't go out to a store and buy this, I direct swapped it for one of my guitars that I wasn't bonding with anymore. :). That said, I tried a tremoverb and I honestly like this amp better.

• Members

You can't believe anything HCAF says on rectos... in one thread they'll be praising them like jeebuz and in another they'll be saying they're the worst amps ever made... all I'll say is, should have got the Tremoverb

;)

Otherwise HNAD!

ToVs are awesome :thu:

• Members

I can't post clips because this amp can blow out my windows with a slight touch of the tone knob (gonna probably find an attentuator or something for at-home use), but this is tube tone unlike any other. Mesa TRULY lives up to it's name. Enjoy the pic.

HNMD!

BTW, you don't need a power attenuator, there's a trick...

Archived