Pickup wiring question

Eschatologist

• Members

Thats what I was thinking....but I wasn't sure if I saw someone write a while back that 250k works to tame the highs since there isn't a tone pot in between

Well yeah you can do that if you want, it's a personal taste thing but most often you see buckers with 500k and single coils with 250k. However there are execeptions to it, like EMG's...could you imagine those with 500k's? *shudder*

• Members

off topic, but i still haven't wired my live wires into my special edition yet (ltd mustain se the holes need sanded out/widened for the new pots and i'm still undecided on white or cream rings)

anyways- the diagram calls for a .47u cap, and i took them out of the black V still wired so i could just solder up the wires on install- and the tone pot from the mustaines has a big yellow cap that says "104K 250VAC" as compared to the little brown ones on the blackouts that says ".47u".

explain that to me lol

• Members

well the 250 is the rated voltage...104k I would assume means that it is 104 thousand micro farads....which would mean..uh..0.104uF?

exactly.

why would they have that big ass yellow cap on what is supposedly (according to the SD wiring diagram) just a .47u capacitor?

i mean it doesn't bother me- i'll leave it on there and wire it in- i'm just curious why the "official" SD diagram for mustaine livewires calls for a .47u cap exactly the same as blackouts, but then the pots i pulled out of this guitar have this big ass 250volt capacitor on it?

conspiracy? :idea:

• Members

exactly.

why would they have that big ass yellow cap on what is supposedly (according to the SD wiring diagram) just a .47u capacitor?

i mean it doesn't bother me- i'll leave it on there and wire it in- i'm just curious why the "official" SD diagram for mustaine livewires calls for a .47u cap exactly the same as blackouts, but then the pots i pulled out of this guitar have this big ass 250volt capacitor on it?

conspiracy?
:idea:

ran out of .47's? :idk:

Archived