Blacked out the Cobra half stack

gooman

• Members
I was inspired by the cobra restoration thread, I think it turned out really well. Amp sounds way better nao!
:love:

Cell phone pics sry!

IMG00035-20100401-1906.jpg

IMG00037-20100401-1906.jpg

IMG00038-20100401-1907.jpg

btw, did you take the faceplate off completely? I'm sure you did, as it looks the titties. I am just wondering if I can get away with doing this with out that mess, and just removing the knobs and logo :confused:

• Members

btw, did you take the faceplate off completely? I'm sure you did, as it looks the titties. I am just wondering if I can get away with doing this with out that mess, and just removing the knobs and logo
:confused:

Yeah had to take the faceplate off completely. I am pretty sure this is the best way just because the cymbal cleaner needs to sit on the faceplate for about for a few minutes. The liquid is pretty much all over the place and I am not sure what effect that would have on the rest of the amp's components.

Taking off the faceplate was a total pain in the ass, just take your time with the jewel light its really the only tricky part.

For those of you who dont think so, this amp sounds way "blacker" now :poke:

• Members

I was never a huge fan of the grey metal, I definitely prefer this. I have some black chicken head knobs on order just to get rid of some the remaining chrome look. Not that it likely matters but I will take some better pics on monday.

• Members

djent djent djent djedda! djent djent djent DJEDDA! djent djent djent djeda! gung guddalung gung GUDDALUNG GUNG GUng...djent djent djent djedda! djent djent djent DJEDDA! djent djent djent djeda! gung guddalung gung gung gunk... gung guddalung gung gung gunk.....BLACKENED!

• Members
Yeah had to take the faceplate off completely. I am pretty sure this is the best way just because the cymbal cleaner needs to sit on the faceplate for about for a few minutes. The liquid is pretty much all over the place and I am not sure what effect that would have on the rest of the amp's components.

Taking off the faceplate was a total pain in the ass, just take your time with the jewel light its really the only tricky part.

For those of you who dont think so, this amp sounds way "blacker" now :poke:

• Members

wow i guess im in the minority, i think it looks terrible. sorry man. as long as you're happy, its a sick amp no matter what it looks like!

I think they look terrible no matter what you do to them.

However, mad props to anyone willing to do custom stuff to their rig. If you own it, it might as well REALLY be yours.

• Members
I think they look terrible no matter what you do to them.

However, mad props to anyone willing to do custom stuff to their rig. If you own it, it might as well REALLY be yours.

Can't wait to see your re tolexed laney!:wave:

Archived