Mesa Boogie Stiletto Trident - Feedback issuses

doug0147

• Members

I won a Mesa Boogie Stiletto Trident on ebay about a week ago. I just got it yesterday. It sounds amazing!! The only issue is on channel 2 I get massive feedback. Even with the gain only at about 9:00 or 10:00. This is on the tight gain setting or fluid drive. I even have an ISP decimator noise suppressor in front of the amp and it barley helps. Has any one else had this problem. Could it have anything to do with old tubes. I got this thing on ebay and I don't know how old the tubes are. Thanks for any help.

• Members

I won a Mesa Boogie Stiletto Trident on ebay about a week ago. I just got it yesterday. It sounds amazing!! The only issue is on channel 2 I get massive feedback. Even with the gain only at about 9:00 or 10:00. This is on the tight gain setting or fluid drive. I even have an ISP decimator noise suppressor in front of the amp and it barley helps. Has any one else had this problem. Could it have anything to do with old tubes. I got this thing on ebay and I don't know how old the tubes are. Thanks for any help.

rule of thumb. Always have spare tubes and fuses whenever you own a tube amp.

It's good chance it could be the preamp tubes.

• Members

preamp tube.

same happend to me.

Yep. Had the same happen to my Stiletto when I got it, but it only happened on Fat Clean and Fluid Drive. Ended up being V2, which is the input stage for those modes.

Chances are, either V1 or V3, since those tubes contain the gain stages for the distortion channel.

Archived