So I'm bringing my Blackstar HT5 to the next gig...

Vinchester

• Members

Care to teach a noob how to set up? :poke: The gig will be on 12 June.

Basically I have zero knowledge of setting up the PA, though there'll be a few guys to help me. I want to bring my Blackstar head and plug it or mic it into the PA to get the familiar nice tone I've been playing at home.

So can I just connect its Emulated Output channel to the PA system? Or do I need to bring the speakers and mic it? Which way works better?

Thanks in advance.

• Members

If your band is loud, 5 watts aint gonna be enough for you to hear yourself unmic'd. If you're going to mic it and get your guitar in a monitor & don't need to rely on your cab for stage volume then you should be ok. If the other guitarists/bass player use their amps for alot of what they monitor themselves with, then you will be in trouble with your rig.

Also, the line out kills the speaker output, so you can't do both.

• Members

Since this is just a small gig (graduation party at a hotel) and amps on site are only half-stack or combo at most, I guess my stage volume wont be overpowered. Will check with the organizer though.

Seems like I need to bring the cabs as well if I want to hear myself on stage. Well it's not that heavy anyway. But other guys just rely on the whatever amps there and just bring a couple of pedals. Am I being too finicky here?

• Members

Since this is just a small gig (graduation party at a hotel) and amps on site are only half-stack or combo at most, I guess my stage volume wont be overpowered. Will check with the organizer though.

Seems like I need to bring the cabs as well if I want to hear myself on stage. Well it's not that heavy anyway. But other guys just rely on the whatever amps there and just bring a couple of pedals. Am I being too finicky here?

Hate to break it to you, but if you're competing with halfstacks, and expect to hear yourself, you're going to have to be on top of your amp. Even then, if the other guitarists have any reasonable volume, you might get buried.

Archived