Black Hardware source(s)

BLAblablah

• Members

Would anyone know a source for black screws and nuts? Specifically, I need the black wood screws that attach the wood end panels on an Alesis QS 8.1 keyboard, as well as some of the black nuts that fasten the 1/4'' output jacks to the case.

I had it serviced a couple of years ago and didn't notice until much later that some of these items were missing. Now I am looking to sell it, and would like it to be more complete.

Oh...and Alesis was no help. :rolleyes:

Bear

• Members

Thanks Mark...I was afraid this would just be one of those dreaded sinking threads. I had actually checked Parts Express before, and while I may have to use their Black Oxide phillip's head screws...I was hoping to find the hex-head type that came on it from the factory. Also, they still don't have the black nuts for the 1/4'' outputs...and I would gladly buy the jacks in order to get the nuts.

As a last resort, I may just try to find an old non-functioning microverb (or other old Alesis product)...I think they all have the same nuts.

If anyone has such a thing, let me know...I'd gladly pay a few bucks for it.

You can contact me at: blablablah-at-gmail-dot-com

Bear

• Members

Thanks Casper & Dan-o. Mcmaster.com doesn't have any black hardware that I could find. There is a Hobby Shop near me that carries a lot of RC gear...I will give that a shot (sure never occured to me). As far as Ace Hardware, I had already tried them as well as Home Depot and Lowes...any color screws you want as long as they're not black.

As for the nuts on the 1/4" jacks, I think I am just going to post some WTB ads on a few forums for old DEAD Alesis rack gear. Maybe someone will be happy to get a few bucks (plus shipping) for that old non-functioning Microverb, Midiverb, etc.

Surprisingly, I had already checked what I thought would be very likely sources...such as Markertec with no success there either. I just find it kind of amazing when you consider all of the Black music gear out there.

Thanks for the ideas...and any others are welcome.

Bear

Archived