most recordable amp?

Rug

• Members

So I've finally moved back in to my parent's house from another city. My band have been shooting recordings back and forth internationally, and finally we are all back for the summer.

so we've decided on a period of time in a couple weeks to put this EP together. I have most of a studio in my basement, with some outboard gear being borrowed eventually.

the main thing that's missing is an amp. what I have is a valve junior and an old 1x15 SS univox which are cool in their own right, but don't cover all the tones I'm looking for. I probably won't be getting my first pay for a while, so I'm deciding whether or not I should stick with revalver and impulses, or rent an amp for the week.

with that being said, if I decide to go that route, what would you guys say is the most "recordable" (as in requires the least tweaking) amp in the midrange prices? I need something that likes delay and OCD. I prefer marshally crunch, but have yet to decide between vox or fender cleans.

I'll be using any combination of SM57, audix i5 or large and pencil condenser mics. I have reamping capabilities as well, and will be recording direct to compliment every take.

thanks guys, sorry for rambling.

Archived