Where's the truss on an Am Std. Strat?!

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

I am trying to adjust the truss rod tension on my American standard strat because the action got all out of whack during a string gauge change...

This says that on ALL fender bolt on guitars, the truss rod is accessed at the heel of the neck...

is this true? and how am I supposed to adjust it correctly? any tricks? or is it all guessing

• Members

I already asked how at Electric Guitars but all they ever say is take it to a tech

I don't have the cash to do so or else I would have already... plus I'm a somewhat intelligent guy and feel its within my means to set up my own guitars, and because of this, I feel I should be...

This is a different thread tho, I can't find where to get at the truss at all... It's not in the headstock because I've shined a light in there and there isn't a bolt what so ever... it looks like something is in there, but its more of a butt end than anything else... its gotta be either in the neck pocket or under the pickgaurd I guess... I'll check under the gaurd tonight

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

It's not in the headstock because I've shined a light in there and there isn't a bolt what so ever... it looks like something is in there

If you can shine a light in there then it's in there. You just have to find the right sized hex driver for the job. There's no screw head or bolt so don't bother looking for those. And remember no more then a 1/4 turn and check the neck. Have fun.

Archived