Mark III Green stripe

hotbaconsauce

• Members

With GEQ, simul class, combo version. I have the opportunity to pick one up for $800. Do eet?

If it's in good working order, that's a pretty good price. The head version routinely sells for at least that much, if not more, so the combo at that price is a good deal as long as it doesn't have "issues".

• Members

If it's in good working order, that's a pretty good price. The head version routinely sells for at least that much, if not more, so the combo at that price is a good deal as long as it doesn't have "issues".

Looks to be in great shape, also has R2 mod.

• Members
But combos are worth so much less than heads for some reason.

On what planet do combo's sell for less than the head version of the same amp? Be it new or used, I've never seen a combo sell for less than the head version of the same amp, unless of course the combo was damaged or in need of new tubes, speaker, etc. You pay more for the combo because it already has a speaker in it, whereas a head does not.

Look up the new prices of any amp that comes in a head and combo and let me know when you find one where the head retails for more than the combo.......:facepalm:

• Members

yup, i don't understand it. it might have something to do with the combos sounding thin and weighing almost 95 pounds. same goes for the headshells, you can get one for 250 on ebay, but a combo shell with a speaker can usually be had for 175.

Archived