Such an underrated album

mike moriarty

• Members

Cant agree with you here.. Cleansed in Pestilence and Enshrined by Grace are decent, but overall the worst M.A album by a big margin... Im not too influenced by production values, but I do literally hate the way this album sounds too..

Anyway my favorite track is the chilled out one, Abyssous.. Which if Im saying thats my favorite track, then its a mediocre album!

[YOUTUBE]JQFkmrhALvM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I thought it was a return to form for them after the slow/doomy Gateways (which I love). Reminds me alot of their old stuff like Blessed or Covenant, even the production values.

I also didnt really like Gateways, although its better than Heretic.. but I definitely dont get the vibe Heretic is a return to their roots, so to speak.. Reminds me nothing of those earlier albums at all.. The songwriting is completely different and doesnt have near the movement of songs like Rapture, Fall From Grace, Day of Suffering,,, hell any song from Blessed or Covenant is better than any song on heretic!! haha . Plus on the production, Trey decided the non speaker-emulated line out from his amp was a good sound to mix with the mic'ed sound.. Thats where all the fuzz comes from. A direct out from the amp with no speaker emulation... And the drums are the worst samples they've used..

And the fact its been over 7 years since this stinker came out tells me Trey and co. have no more ideas.. And I think Vincent coming back was a BAD move.. HIs voice and stage presence suck now... They were the best, but right now they are just about done..

• Members

And I think Vincent coming back was a BAD move.. HIs voice and stage presence suck now... They were the best, but right now they are just about done..

Haha. His stage presence makes me think of the WWF or a monster truck show or something ham headed like that.

And yeah, his vocals... COME ON MAYNE. Growl like you did in Blessed Are the Sick!

• Members

I think Vincent coming back is a good thing. They have played a new song live and its pretty badass. The vocals are great.

Nevermore? I dont like what I can hear from the videos.. Sounds like Heretic 2..

But anyway Vincent back in the hey day of the early 90's was the {censored}ing quintessential front man.. Bad youtube quality of course, but this is how I first saw them and what was so great to me..

I used to feel the evil when Morbid hit the stage!!

[YOUTUBE]CngZ28HPZSE[/YOUTUBE]

Now listen to Vincents vocals today... Kind of akin to Hetfield butchering the old Metallica songs...

Archived