ThrashensteiN

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:thu:
you recognize those? Usually no one ever does
:p

Serious memories there. My mom was obsessed with Stephen King when I was growing up, and had his entire collection. I remember before I could read, just looking at the books and the cover of The Stand always intrigued me.

It was the first complete book my mom and I read together :lol:
First book on my own (that wasnt a school book)? It :lol:

anyways, your artist did a great job. the shadowing and colors are just perfect!

• Members
Serious memories there. My mom was obsessed with Stephen King when I was growing up, and had his entire collection. I remember before I could read, just looking at the books and the cover of The Stand always intrigued me.

It was the first complete book my mom and I read together
:lol:
First book on my own (that wasnt a school book)? It
:lol:

anyways, your artist did a great job. the shadowing and colors are just perfect!

Dude me too, I remember when I was a little kid I was looking through books and the artwork on The Stand caught my attention and stuck with me for some reason....knew I had to get it done one day.

I'm really happy with how they came out :D

• Members

I could never get into tatts. To me they are more for bikers and gang members.

im sorry dude but this statement is just ignorant and so far from the truth its funny. you would be so surprised with how many white collar types are into it. its art; plain and simple and way beyond the stereotypes you mentioned. i work at a bank, own my home, and am college educated. its cool if its not for you and i respect your opinion but it is just not correct.

• Members

Nice tats everyone!

I don't have any, because I'm too much of a {censored} for one! :lol:

However, if I did get one. It would be inspired by Vince Ray's artwork.
I have a sticker of a Devil girl with an SG...it's hot! :thu:

I don't have the exact one scanned, but here's a sample of his work:
vince-ray-devil-cherry-sticker-6001056-0

• Members
Nice, nice... I love the style. You hired a very good artist for that.

Cheers, my brother is a piercer at the number one shop in the city, the dude that did it is one of the best, I'll be doing an oni with waves on the other arm as juxtaposition, just waiting on the cash now.
Here's my brother's back piece, still in progress
5126343911_5ecc2688aa_z.jpg

• Members

I need to find a great artist that isn't $150+ an hour (Like Earl Funk). Then I will be able to finally plan some {censored}e out.

you pay for what you get these days, especially since the recent explosion in popularity of tattoos. quality costs $$$ unless you are friends or related to the artist. 150 is the least i would pay, if an artist doesnt value their work at that rate i think it says something about them. obviously you have to look at their portfolio rather than just their hourly rate but top artists deserve top tier pricing imo.

• Members

you pay for what you get these days, especially since the recent explosion in popularity of tattoos. quality costs $$$ unless you are friends or related to the artist. 150 is the least i would pay, if an artist doesnt value their work at that rate i think it says something about them. obviously you have to look at their portfolio rather than just their hourly rate but top artists deserve top tier pricing imo.

This, +100x

Good art work isn't cheap, unless as sleewell mentioned, you are in with the artist personally and, $150 is the standard now a days. The higher end guys charge any where from $300-$600 an hour. For permanent work on your body, it's definitely worth it.

• Members
Cheers, my brother is a piercer at the number one shop in the city, the dude that did it is one of the best, I'll be doing an oni with waves on the other arm as juxtaposition, just waiting on the cash now.

Here's my brother's back piece, still in progress

5126343911_5ecc2688aa_z.jpg

{censored}in' nice work your bro has man. Pretty cool rendition of a Phoenix.

Archived