NAD.

gmaj7

• Members

Sweet. Even if it's broke, it's a simple PTP amp so it will probably be a simple fix.

Unless it's the OT. Then you may have gotten {censored}ed.

I hope it's not the tranny. I am excited and nervous. This is my first foray into vintage territory. Hoping it's just a fuse.

• Members

Pics or its a Bugera
:lol:

I'll try to post some at lunch.....it does have the original RCAs in the preamp and poweramp, and 2 prong cord. The tube chart reads AA165.

Anyone know anything about this circuit?

• Members

Don't trust the label/tube-chart. A lot of the AA165's out there are actually AB165's with AA165 labels. Real AA165's were made only in Jan '65. If the date of your amp is after Jan '65, it's the AB version. The biggest difference between the two models is the bias circuit, but there are a few other little things here and there that are different, too.

Side Note: AB165's are great modding platforms. :idea:

• Members

Don't trust the label/tube-chart. A lot of the AA165's out there are actually AB165's with AA165 labels. Real AA165's were made only in Jan '65. If the date of your amp is after Jan '65, it's the AB version. The biggest difference between the two models is the bias circuit, but there are a few other little things here and there that are different, too.

Side Note: AB165's are great modding platforms.
:idea:

I'll have to check that out. It looks like there is an unused triode on my amp...is that normal?

I was able to fire it up, everything lit up ok as far as the jewel light and tubes, But I played one note through it and it sounded :freak:

It sounded like a ring modulator. There was also a nasty 60 cycle hum. I'm guessing that's the filter caps???

• Members

I'll have to check that out. It looks like there is an unused triode on my amp...is that normal?

I was able to fire it up, everything lit up ok as far as the jewel light and tubes, But I played one note through it and it sounded
:freak:

It sounded like a ring modulator. There was also a nasty 60 cycle hum. I'm guessing that's the filter caps???

it probably wouldnt hurt to recap it even if they arent the culprits.

Archived