Fender Dual Showman Reverb Amp for 700??

brett567

• Members

Yeah, I'd say that is a pretty darn good price when you consider most people try to sell the head for that much. If I recall they original Showman Reverbs were Twin Reverbs in head form, so the dual probably isn't much different. I say go check it out and if you like the sound then go for it. There's no arguing it will be a pretty clean amp, but I don't see that being an issue anymore these days with all the Timmys and OCDs around.

• Members

Yeah, I'd say that is a pretty darn good price when you consider most people try to sell the head for that much. If I recall they original Showman Reverbs were Twin Reverbs in head form, so the dual probably isn't much different. I say go check it out and if you like the sound then go for it. There's no arguing it will be a pretty clean amp, but I don't see that being an issue anymore these days with all the Timmys and OCDs around.

Agreed. If it is in good shape and you like it, jump on it. Definitely not an amp for metal but might be just the ticket for straight-ahead rock, blues, pop, etc.

Weekend before last I saw one of the better cover bands in the Raleigh area. Lead guitarist was playing a Dual Showman through a 2x12 loaded with a pair of Eminence Cannabis Rex. Damn good sounding amp. He rode the edge of breakup and used a pedal for extra hair. Dude knew how to work it.

• Members

Yep. It is exactly like a twin reverb in head form. I have a 67 but with a 2x12 cab with Altec - Lansings that has the most amazing clean tone I have ever heard. I use a ts9 to push it a little harder and it just sounds fantastic. $700.00 looks like a good price.

• Members

If not the 135 watt version, I'd hit that. 15's may or may not work for you, but you could flip the cab if it doesn't. Might even have JBL's, in which case you could really defray the cost.

For my back, I'd rather gig with a Showman head and a cab than a Twin. This is part of why killer deals come up on old Twins if you watch for them.

Archived