I think i finally found the right pickup.

puget

• Members

Went to the studio today to listen over some final mixes before we get our album printed and was talking to the guy about how i wanted a new pickup in my tele and how I was thinking about a dimarzio of some sort. He then grabbed me his american deluxe with a dimarzio chopper t in the bridge and let me use it at practice tonight.

I was totally blown away. I was playing it through my racktifier going into my orange 412 with v30s and could not get a harsh tone out of the amp. The string to string definition was great, clean sounded the best I've ever heard from my mesa and no matter how high I turned the gain I could always hear every note in complex chords even on the red channel which i rarely use.

I know it's not gonna sound identical to his guitar but they're both the same wood for the bodies and fret board so I should be close, and I'm sick of constantly trying new p'ups that leave me less then happy. Anyways before I jump on picking one up does anyone wanna talk me out of it?

CSB

• Members

Went to the studio today to listen over some final mixes before we get our album printed and was talking to the guy about how i wanted a new pickup in my tele and how I was thinking about a dimarzio of some sort. He then grabbed me his american deluxe with a dimarzio chopper t in the bridge and let me use it at practice tonight.

I was totally blown away. I was playing it through my racktifier going into my orange 412 with v30s and could not get a harsh tone out of the amp. The string to string definition was great, clean sounded the best I've ever heard from my mesa and no matter how high I turned the gain I could always hear every note in complex chords even on the red channel which i rarely use.

I know it's not gonna sound identical to his guitar but they're both the same wood for the bodies and fret board so I should be close, and I'm sick of constantly trying new p'ups that leave me less then happy. Anyways before I jump on picking one up does anyone wanna talk me out of it?

CSB

Do it man, I've messed with pu's from the get go and never really felt they did {censored} until I installed a SD scream'n demon (never thought that pickup was anything) into a buddies Jackson and played it through my rack and fell in love with the "attitude" of a lower output p.u. through my rig (I've been using Dimarzio Tone Zone's forever).

If you find the magic, grab it. If that p.u. does the same thing for your guitar, that you felt with the American Deluxe, it's just one more thing you don't need to worry about and realistically, that's huge. :thu:

• Members
Do it man, I've messed with pu's from the get go and never really felt they did {censored} until I installed a SD scream'n demon (never thought that pickup was anything) into a buddies Jackson and played it through my rack and fell in love with the "attitude" of a lower output p.u. through my rig (I've been using Dimarzio Tone Zone's forever).

If you find the magic, grab it. If that p.u. does the same thing for your guitar, that you felt with the American Deluxe, it's just one more thing you don't need to worry about and realistically, that's huge.
:thu:

good call, Now all that's left on my list is getting everything setup with a midi board, retubing three amps getting some rackmount pieces fixed and christmas shopping, but at least I'm happy with the pickup:facepalm:

it's a start!

• Members

good call, Now all that's left on my list is getting everything setup with a midi board, retubing three amps getting some rackmount pieces fixed and christmas shopping, but at least I'm happy with the pickup:facepalm:

it's a start!

You'll feel alot better knowing that, out of all of those variables, the pickups are working for you. :cool:

Good luck with everything, I hope you have a great time working those variables. If you need any help with wiring give me a shout, I'll do what I can:thu:

Archived