WARNING: Torres Engineering-- jive business alert

newholland

• Members

welp-

i ordered a coupla pots, a switch, a cap, and a set of strings on November 16th.

they sure took my money, but i have no parts, no confirmation, their phone mailbox is full, and I got one snarky email saying 'we moved ONLY 685 miles.. be patient- we'll process your order this week and send you confirmation.' that was last week. needless to say, no confirmation, no parts.

that's all i ever heard from them, and i sent multiple emails and there's no way to talk to a human.

i'd strongly recommend that these folks are not patronized.

I would be pissed bub.... That sux.

• Members

I dealt with him twice. This was about 10 years ago. Once I bought a bias adjustment kit to install in my Fender Blues Deluxe.
When I was done, "sweep" was only about 5 mA. Not very useful at all. I went over everything and finally came to the realization that it was just a poorly designed mod. I should have stopped right there but he DID deliver on time. A few years later I ordered a Concert II
mod kit. The first stage of the mods sounded bad so I stopped right there and didn't finish it. It involved changing the brightness switch to "blackface specs"...but it basically disconnected the switch from functioning at all, and the bypass cap over the volume pot and cathode mods to the early gain stages made the amp sound harsh and impossible to adjust the volume at low levels. I gave up at that point modding the amp further along his suggestions and just returned it to stock.

I can put up with slow delivery times and high prices. Boutique engineers demand that all the time. But at the end of the day my experience with him was that he just wasn't a good engineer and his mod advice was unsound.

Archived