15yr old kid claims he can make the dumbles...

Johansolo

• Members

Well, congratulations on him saying the M word, along with the F word (marshall fender). I would piss on him a bit for that and I agree that he has no credibility.

Also I don't like the facts how he is screwing around saying that "metro amps are noisier than the original" I doubt he tried 20 metros against 20 marshalls.

Bull{censored} is strong within that one.

• Members
With all the amp kits out there and the abundance of shared schematics and layout plans available today making a clone of some (moderately simple) classic tube amp is mostly paint-by-numbers anyway. I don't see what's the big deal. It's not like his designing some new stuff from scratch.

Good for him. :thu:

You gotta start somewhere.

The big deal is he'll learn something most others don't and he'll be way ahead of the pact, maybe even a career in the works.

When I was a kid I built my first Fuzz Tone from a Gibson Schematic, there wern't any kits at that time and only a few distortion pedals to choose from. Effects pedals were just coming out on the market. A year later I built a Heathkit 2-12 amp bassed on a Vox SS circuit. Sure it was kit, but still you have to do all the work and do it right. Now I can build almost any amp from scratch.

Archived