Rivera Clubster 25 1x10 combo HNAD

JJBell

• Members

Just picked this thing up for a STEAL, of all places on TGP. MINT condition. The attention to detail on these really surprised me. I had a few Riveras through the years, but older models. The new ones are really a step up.

2 6V6 power tubes, and 2 12AX7 preamp tubes, accutronics 3 spring reverb. The build on these is super tight. All stainless steel screws, corners, custom wound transformers, just oozes quality.

The tone is somewhat similar to the old Rivera designed Fender Super Champ on the distorion side. Can get bluesy to downright mean. Not death metal, but pretty close. The real surprise was the clean tones on this. I own some high dollar Deluxe styled amps, and this hangs with them. Very warm and fat. Loves my Landgraff, Cornish, and D.A.M pedals.

This little thing gets loud, and has a good amount of headroom for an amp this size. Played it for awhile with a pretty heavy hitting drummer friend of mine. He was playing a 5 piece, so not a double pedal blast beat kind of thing. I had no problem hearing it. he was shocked, because it is not a very big amp. Ran it into my Mills 4x12 EV loaded cabinet and it crushes. Sounds really good with the Mesa Thiele 1x12 as well.

I love the seperate eq for each channel, and seperate reverb, both footswitchable. Has an effects loop as well, but I have not messed with that yet. If you are looking for a small combo with blues, country, rock, and classic metal tones, this thing is hard to beat. Kudos to Rivera, they don't get a lot of love nowadays. USA made, handwired, mil-spec, and built like a brick {censored}house = win.

Archived