Problem with my JVM215c/ Nova Repeater Delay - need advice

grwhitefan

• Members

I got the JVM amp last Thursday, picked up the Nova Repeater Delay yesterday - haven't had much time to fine-tune.

I've got the delay hooked up in the effects loop of my amp. Hate to say it, but.....sounds kind of "processed & digital". I'm trying to determine how/when I even want to use this delay - still trying to get a good lead tone with it. I'm guessing when using it with my rhythm sound, I'll want to turn this effect way down? Or not even use it all? I do have a reverb on this amp, sounds decent.

How do the rest of you incorporate a delay into your sound - lead tones only? I'm not even sure what effect pedals I could/should add to my arsenal - maybe a chorus. Don't get me wrong, the Marshall sounds awesome, but when not using effects, sounds kind of dry.

• Members

I run a nova repeater through my jvm. I have the FX Level on the pedal under noon...and the Feedback under noon..

This way You can achieve a subtle delay that won't be overbearing...Even for rhythm playing..

I also Use the Analog mode to help "tame the delay".

• Members

When using the FX loop most like to turn the mix on the JVM all the way to wet. Otherwise you might get a kind of out of phase sound. I run a Digitech 2120 FX processor in the loop of my JVM 205C and this is the way I set up. It's just something that affects all amps/ FX loops.

• Members

think that a JVM thing with it effects loop.When I had one, pedals didnt sound as good in the loop, tone sucking a little bit also. I have a Nova system in my loop of my engl, sounds awesome! I did the there delay pedal like you have, it sounded good in the loop but if I wanted to keep it on i couldn't get the right mix. With the nova it mixes just right, its a great pedal board its one of the best piece of gear I ever had.

Archived