Ezdrummer DKFH problem in Reaper - Volume fluctuations

maiden_fan

• Members

Hi

I am new to the drum programming world, but thought I would have a go at it myself. I have written using the Reaper midi editor a track for my bands demo, but the audio changes volume up and down slightly throughout. As a process of elimination I have checked the velocities of the drum hits (all the same) and every other menu I could find.

Anyone had the same problem?

What am I doing wrong? I am very new at this so any tips are appreciated.

Tony

• Members

well it sounds like it's midi related, because the drums start to sound like they get lower velocity information. Maybe you've got some crossfades/fades on your midi clips ?

Thanks for the tip. How do I check for this? I am going to have a really good checkover everything tonight and see what the problem is.

• Members

Crossfades look like this: Blog014.png

This is an example on a audio file, but reaper is pretty universal when it comes to editing audio, and midi items can have the same fades applied. You could have done some of them by mistake by cutting and dragging midi items. Really hard to tell from your description, i'm just guessing

• Members

also, double click the midi event(s) that seem to have the volume drop in the main window, it'll take you to the midi sequencer/editor. go to view and go to one of the drum editor options, and when it comes up, you should see a bunch of vertical bars at the bottom. they are velocity indicators. If any of them seem to be lower than others, click on them and drag upwards until you get to the desired level.

Archived