Getting concerned about myself.....

Ovid9

• Members

I want to hate them so bad. Their lyrics are cheesey as hell. The lead singer isn't great. The drums drive me insane. (80s electronic drums sound 80s.... the fact he is playing with only 1 arm is
:eek:
)

And yet...... I too
:love:
much of Def Leppard's stuff.

If only the production weren't so bad, they would have been pretty awesome. Rock would have been brought if they hadn't gone the Mutt Lange one-string-of-every-chord-at-a-time route and gone {censored}ing 70s, live from the floor. As it is, I can't stand to listen to Hysteria especially.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

pamackie and RSB, you guys are insane, talking about the production of that album
:lol:

I'd agree that it might just be too "perfect" if that's what you're saying, but that's about the only negative I can find.

It's a big {censored}ing negative IMO. I like my albums with a little hair on em. I mean, by the time you're playing chords 1 string at a time, that's just unnecessary.

I like rock music to rock, and a lot of that is found in the little flaws at the edges.

• Members

pamackie and RSB, you guys are insane, talking about the production of that album

I'd agree that it might just be too "perfect" if that's what you're saying, but that's about the only negative I can find.

LOL I don't mind the production! I actually like a very clean production whereas like pamackie says, he likes "fur" on it, which I get too. If you compare LoG's Sacrament and then vs. Wrath, that's a very good example I think of what he means. I prefer Sacrament.

• Members
Wow. Ovid. You Fail. Bad.

Not for liking this stuff, but for doubting it.
:mad:

Extreme owns ALL. Mr Big owns MOST. Def Leppard STILL owns.

:cry:

But I can't help it! The 90s conditioned me to hate this stuff. Even while some of it I liked! I'm a product of my environment!

*searches for more excuses and other places to put the blame*

• Members

:cry:

But I can't help it! The 90s conditioned me to hate this stuff. Even while some of it I liked! I'm a product of my environment!

*searches for more excuses and other places to put the blame*

What did The Ram say about Cobain?

Everybody was partying, having a good time until that {censored} Cobain showed up and ruined it all. :lol:

Or something. :lol:

• Members
Wow. Ovid. You Fail. Bad.

Not for liking this stuff, but for doubting it.
:mad:

Extreme owns ALL. Mr Big owns MOST. Def Leppard STILL owns.

I was wondering how long it would take for Loop to make an appearance after I posted those three Extreme songs. :lol:

• Members

LOL I don't mind the production! I actually like a very clean production whereas like pamackie says, he likes "fur" on it, which I get too. If you compare LoG's Sacrament and then vs. Wrath, that's a very good example I think of what he means. I prefer Sacrament.

I hear you guys, and actually, I don't disagree. Sometimes I'm in the mood for the perfection, other times, it's "too much", and I want to hear some old Van Halen or sum'n, with some mistakes, and "hair".

Archived