BB Preamp - to boost?

mcr23

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have the BB and Rc. Not bad buht not my favorite either.

Both pedals add more compression than other pedals. Its not a bad thing and obviously to be expected with OD pedals but they just add too much.

The midhump is the defining characterstic of a Tubescreamer to mod it out would be like modding out the clean channel on a Fender amp.

• Members
Why the
:facepalm:
?

Because the concept seems like it's escaping your comprehension or something. Just because it's a TS style pedal doesn't mean it has to have a bass cut, mid hump, or even sound like a TS. There are those pedals that try to sound like vintage TS pedals, those that try to make a different TS flavor, and those that just make the original TS pedal more "hi fi". Also, taking out the mid hump and bass cut makes it more transparent from what I've read.

• Members

Because the concept seems like it's escaping your comprehension or something. Just because it's a TS style pedal doesn't mean it has to have a bass cut, mid hump, or even sound like a TS. There are those pedals that try to sound like vintage TS pedals, those that try to make a different TS flavor, and those that just make the original TS pedal more "hi fi". Also, taking out the mid hump and bass cut makes it more transparent from what I've read.

What makes it a TS style pedal if it doesn't have any of the defining characteristics of a TS?

Archived