Building a new baffle for amp - looking for speaker bolts

hoerni

• Members

I'm working on a amp for a friend. It's a small Gibson combo and among other mods, I'm replacing the baffle plate with one cut for a 12" speaker.

I cut the baffle plate (fun little woodworking project that was - I love my jigsaw), but now I want to mount the speaker and I can't find the "bolts" put in the front of the baffle.

If you've ever replaced a rear-mounted speaker, you know what I'm talking about. They are bolts that go through wood, but also stick into it so you don't need to put a wrench on the bolt head (since it is behind the grill cloth anyway). You just remove the nuts and pull of the speaker.

I suppose I could make some standard hardware store lag bolts work, but I would think there are better things out there.

TIA.

• Members

there called "t-bolts"...or you can get them here- I've gotten stuff for my HM cabs from him before- good stuff-

Thanks! T-bolts is what I needed to know. The link you gave was for T-nuts, which unfortunately won't work in my application.

But know that I know the name I can look it up on McMaster-Carr. Bingo! Now I just need to find enough other fun stuff to meet the minimum. Thanks!

• Members

I've never had that problem on any speakers I have installed.

Then you must not be playing loud enough! :lol: j/k

Seriously though, wood screws are only good for a few times then they start stripping the wood and generally have a weaker hold. But with the machine screws the owner should be able to replace the speaker many times without a problem.

Archived