Signal Routing Pedal Question

anonpostguy

• Members

I have a guitar with both a magnetic pickup and a piezo pickup. Each pickup has its own output jack. The magnetic pickup goes out to an electric guitar amp. The piezo goes out to an acoustic amp. There is no switching system on the guitar itself Volume is controlled by two individual volume pots; one for each circuit. I am looking for a pedal that will allow me to select one circuit, or the other, or both. Remember the switching is controlling two independent circuits and they never share the same signal path. Here is kind of what I had envisioned:

pedal.jpg

Does this exist anywhere off the shelf? If it doesn't, what kind of switch would allow the control of two individual circuits while never allowing them to mix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Members

I would probably do this with only 2 switches... that's all you really need. Switching the inputs is fairly easy. The question is whether you want the ability to switch outputs too. A simple A/B/Y Box will get you what I'm talking about but without the ability to switch outputs. How do you want the outputs to run?

• Members

I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself well, but I'm not trying to switch the inputs. On an A/B/Y pedal it will take the two inputs and merge them into one signal or take one signal and direct it to two amps. That's not what I am trying to do. For my purposes, the "In from Piezo" will only ever go "out to acoustic amp" and the "In from Magnetic" will only ever go "out to electric amp". I never want the two signals to converge nor do I want the magnetic pickups to be routed to the acoustic amp and similarly, I would not want the piezo pickup output to be sent to the electric amp. What I am trying to achieve is that when I am playing the guitar I can switch between the piezo and the magnetic pickups being sent to their respective amps at my discretion. Hopefully, I'm not making this more confusing.

• Members

isn't there a 3 way toggle on the guitar that handles the output? I had an ibanez like that once..... had 2 outputs(one for piezo, one for electric) just like yours. Had a 3 way selector for the passives, but it also had a 3 way which turned just passives on, both, or just the piezo. Your's doesn't have one?

Archived