Laney Cub 15 Watt Reverb Amp Head

schiz

• Members

Anybody got any input on these amps? I have been in search of another small amp head with reverb and an effects loop. I ran across this one and am in limbo on it. I mean its a Laney tube amp. Hard to go wrong with tubes but I want to know about durability issues and the like. Maybe even some own personal experiences with tones of this little amp.

Anyone? :idk:

• Members

Great little amp, very much a vintage vibe but theres some cool tones in it. Sounds awesome with h30's or Green Backs, i wasnt so keen with v30's. Dont expect metal sounds from this amp, even with a heap of pedals, its just not voiced that way. I much prefer it to the ht-5, TT and night-train.

• Members

Great little amp, very much a vintage vibe but theres some cool tones in it. Sounds awesome with h30's or Green Backs, i wasnt so keen with v30's. Dont expect metal sounds from this amp, even with a heap of pedals, its just not voiced that way. I much prefer it to the ht-5, TT and night-train.

Thanks for the input man. Im more into heavier tones though. Have you tried an EQ in the loop to get a little more dirt out of it?

• Members

Ive got the club 12r combo for the house and it is great for that. Definetly worth the money for being inexpensive. Its got a vintage vibe goin on but dont let it fool you, it can get some gain. It wont get you in to metal but its got some great rock tones. The powerscale

They only things about it I dont like is theirs no standby, but what ever and the power cord is built in for convenience. Oh, and if you can get over the amp having paw scratches on the control panel (since its the cub, baby to the Lion Heart) its a great inexpensive, quiet, vintage toned, single channel amp any one should consider for the house.

By the way I think they only came out last september and laneys vid is a good example of how it sounds.

• Members

Ive got the club 12r combo for the house and it is great for that. Definetly worth the money for being inexpensive. Its got a vintage vibe goin on but dont let it fool you, it can get some gain. It wont get you in to metal but its got some great rock tones. The powerscale

They only things about it I dont like is theirs no standby, but what ever and the power cord is built in for convenience. Oh, and if you can get over the amp having paw scratches on the control panel (since its the cub, baby to the Lion Heart) its a great inexpensive, quiet, vintage toned, single channel amp any one should consider for the house.

By the way I think they only came out last september and laneys vid is a good example of how it sounds.

:thu:

Preciate the info. Im still in limbo on this right now. Ill be getting a head version if I DO decide to nab one of these. I have a nice Avatar 1/12 with a Vintage 30 in it. Sounds good with my Blackstar HT5 running through it. :cool:

Archived