Does anyone use the Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer?

Steve Drojo

• Members

I just picked up one on GC used gear online and I have it side by side with a green TS9 and I really can't hear much of a difference except the TS7 is made in China. Seems pretty sturdy, though. I just leave it on the TS9 mode and it sounds great through the Classic 50(Peavey)head. I hear people mod these to 808 specs, but I like it stock so far. A well spent $25, for sure.:cool:

• Members

The ToneLok series can get fucked. :o

I had one once and kept hitting that fucking button at the front that springs the lid open. :facepalm:

Wasn't a problem for long though, coz not long after I got it the switch started crapping out on me and then eventually died completely. Mind you, I had the same problem with my TS-9 and haven ever bothered to replace the switch. Only way I'd buy an Ibanez pedal now is if I was already intending to have it modded, in which case I'd have a big stomp switch put on there at the same time. :idk:

• Members

I used a TS7 for a long time. In fact, it took a Zendrive to knock it off my board.

It's a great bargain of a pedal. The only issue I had with mine involves the switch. If you run the pedal off of batteries, the switching will become unreliable if the battery gets weak. Also, the switch is actually exposed under the pedal, so if just a little bit of dirt gets in there the switching can become unreliable. A little contact cleaner will cure that right up. I made it a habit to spray mine every couple of months.

• Members

The ToneLok series can get fucked.
:o

I had one once and kept hitting that fucking button at the front that springs the lid open.
:facepalm:

Wasn't a problem for long though, coz not long after I got it the switch started crapping out on me and then eventually died completely. Mind you, I had the same problem with my TS-9 and haven ever bothered to replace the switch. Only way I'd buy an Ibanez pedal now is if I was already intending to have it modded, in which case I'd have a big stomp switch put on there at the same time.
:idk:

I've had a tone-lok delay for 9 years without problem :idk:

Archived