How are my vox comeing along?

jr_vw2

• Members

So here is the deal, I have recently been tooling around with death metal vocals. I know I have a LOT to learn and a LONG way to go but I just want some feedback (not bashing). So let me know what you think thus far.

Here is a cover of Illdisposed. I am no Bo Summers and im not claiming to sound like his vocals....I just dig the tune. My vocals are on the left with music 90% right. Recorded with a Shur SM57 (only quality mic I have at the moment)

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10525084

• Members

So here is the deal, I have recently been tooling around with death metal vocals. I know I have a LOT to learn and a LONG way to go but I just want some feedback (not bashing). So let me know what you think thus far.

Here is a cover of Illdisposed. I am no Bo Summers and im not claiming to sound like his vocals....I just dig the tune. My vocals are on the left with music 90% right. Recorded with a Shur SM57 (only quality mic I have at the moment)

It sounds way too smooth almost like you are whispering with mic really close to your mouth. One of the easier ways to get some more of a rougher sound is to do something like a frustrated sigh and push it. I'm looking for a video for better way to describe it.

• Members

It sounds way too smooth almost like you are whispering with mic really close to your mouth. One of the easier ways to get some more of a rougher sound is to do something like a frustrated sigh and push it. I'm looking for a video for better way to describe it.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean....I it really doesnt sound like that in person. I think it is just a crappy recording. I have another cheap no name mic that I tried and it doesnt have that whisper sound to it....it just sounds over all crappy.

• Members

Yeah I know exactly what you mean....I it really doesnt sound like that in person. I think it is just a crappy recording. I have another cheap no name mic that I tried and it doesnt have that whisper sound to it....it just sounds over all crappy.

Yeah at that point I think you will sound like this guy. here

• Members

"The first step is to basically practice, and practice, over and over again, t.. um, stretching your throat. It..it might hurt at first, but practice only till it hurts. And, once it hurts, stop, because you can really mess up your vocals."

One word away from being advice on giving head.

• Members

"The first step is to basically practice, and practice, over and over again, t.. um, stretching your throat. It..it might hurt at first, but practice only till it hurts. And, once it hurts, stop, because you can really mess up your vocals."

One word away from being advice on giving head.

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived