Amon Amarth... Gods of War ARISE!!!!

Wizard of Ozz

• Members

Went to see them in Ft. Lauderdale, FL last night and they killed. Tight, tight, tight is about on the only way to describe the band. They were on from the first note. Johan has to be w/o a doubt one of the best front men in metal today. Period. Voice, presence, and head banging machine. The guy is a one man wrecking ball. And really cares about the fans. Great concert. One of the best I've been to in years. They played for almost 3 hours, and opened with the entire new album, "Surtur Rising", followed by a collection of classics like Twilight of the Thunder God, Guardians of Asgard, Live for the Kill, Without Fear, Runes to my Memory, With Oden on Our Side, and they closed with Cry of the Black Birds.

Here's a link to an album with pics I took at the show (almost 200 pics):

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/odinson1987

And here are some highlights:

Johan Soderburg's rig:

aac1.jpg

Olavi Mikkonen's rig:

aac2.jpg

And the rest...

aac3.jpg

aac4.jpg

aac5.jpg

aac6.jpg

aac7.jpg

aac8.jpg

aac9.jpg

aac10.jpg

• Members

:idk:
im pretty sure one of them endorsed KRANK

And yea, they suck

That was a few years ago... when Krank was giving out amps like PEZ candy to every metal band around. I guess they finally heard what a Krank amp sounds like recorded and went back to the PV 6505+. The sound last night was great. Simple killer rig... is well... killer.

:evil:

• Members

oh wow that must have been amazing, they are by far one of my favorite bands. every riff is great, every song is great by them. Johan is a mountain of a man, i saw him in person once the dude must be like 6'7.

Oh {censored} i just noticed they are playing here in nyc in 4 days....yahoo!

Archived