Thinking about getting an RX8

Timmott

• Members

Crossfires are cool, especially the srt6

3000gt's are beautiful, electronics can be...gremlins, but the vr4 and spyder versions are hell on wheels. 3SX is a great tuning place for them.

Rx8's are smooth as butter, have more room, great transmission and handling, are relatively light, but they aren't super powerful stock... and wankel engines aren't for everyone//

• Members

Yeah I just read up about the rotary engines, not sure if I really dig how much upkeep they need. Apparently they're {censored} on gas too?

I'd love a nice 3000GT but most of them are in {censored} condition/high miles. I suppose I could buy a cheap one and drop a new engine/tranny in but it probably wouldn't be worth it.

I have a $10,000 limit so I have a lot of options (used). Mainly looking for head turner thats a little quick and will get me lots of {censored}. The Crossfire I'm looking at is the standard V6 but with 27k miles for only $9500 so I might just scoop that.

• Members

Crossfires are cool cars. They just never exactly had a good target market.

Just remember all the parts are Mercedes parts so....they can be pricey if you need to replace stuff.

There may be more aftermarket options for them now than there there a few years ago though. :idk:

• Members

Yeah I just read up about the rotary engines, not sure if I really dig how much upkeep they need. Apparently they're {censored} on gas too?

I'd love a nice 3000GT but most of them are in {censored} condition/high miles. I suppose I could buy a cheap one and drop a new engine/tranny in but it probably wouldn't be worth it.

I have a $10,000 limit so I have a lot of options (used). Mainly looking for head turner thats a little quick and will get me lots of {censored}. The Crossfire I'm looking at is the standard V6 but with 27k miles for only $9500 so I might just scoop that.

Sometimes Vr4's in great shape pop up for less than that :thu:

300zx twin turbo's are great performers and hold their value.

Rx8's aren't horrible on gas but not great either.

If you want something that will stand out then avoid F body gm cars and Stangs

Maybe a Stingray vette? Bitches love older vettes.

• Members

rx8=guitarskater. Do you wanna be guitarskater?

He's got good gear, and is prolly banging teenage booty without fear of repercussion....this may be a tougher question than you intended it to be.... :cop:

Also, you should buy a Pontiac Fiero.

• Members

He's got good gear, and it prolly banging teenage booty without fear of repercussion....this may be a tougher question than you intended it to be....
:cop:

Also, you should buy a Pontiac Fiero.

I was a little worried till I read your last sentence:o

Archived