5-20-2011 BONUS CHECK COMING!LOOKIN @ ADVICE ON MUSICMAN GUITARS.. SLIM NECKS?

lumpy555

• Members

or fat necks? i want a THIN-SLIM NECK fer me short fingers,was a wunderin if you fellas can reccomend one o thems EARNIE BALL / IMPORTS. WOULD YOU BUY ONE,OR I PLAYED A 2001 MIJ IBBEY,FLOYD,RG SERIES, COOL COLOR,BLACK ICE,CRACKLED TYPE FINNISH. price on ibbey-395.00 used. or go the rondo route,LP COPEY,NEW BOUT 500.00. MY BUDGET IS 395.00 TO 490.00. MAYBE loop has a nice used lp copy@ his work,i dunno wat to do,as i REALLY WANT TO GO EARNIEBALL GUITAR. USA ONES TOOOO MUCHO FOR ME,thats why i said import ones,how good are they? hows the necks? MOIST IMPORTANTLY BUILD QUALITY!!! thanks alllll... :wave:

• Members

or fat necks? i want a THIN-SLIM NECK fer me short fingers,was a wunderin if you fellas can reccomend one o thems EARNIE BALL / IMPORTS. WOULD YOU BUY ONE,OR I PLAYED A 2001 MIJ IBBEY,FLOYD,RG SERIES, COOL COLOR,BLACK ICE,CRACKLED TYPE FINNISH. price on ibbey-395.00 used. or go the rondo route,LP COPEY,NEW BOUT 500.00. MY BUDGET IS 395.00 TO 490.00. MAYBE loop has a nice used lp copy@ his work,i dunno wat to do,as i REALLY WANT TO GO EARNIEBALL GUITAR. USA ONES TOOOO MUCHO FOR ME,thats why i said import ones,how good are they? hows the necks? MOIST IMPORTANTLY BUILD QUALITY!!! thanks alllll...
:wave:

The Ibanez, provided it was a 520,550,570 etc. Would be about the thinnest neck you could get and the floyd should be killer if it's an edge or lo pro.

I don't like the import axis series but the Sterling Jp50 is a solid axe for the money, but if you want the quality and the feel of the USA models then save a few hundred more and find a used EBMM Axis for 750-950 easy. I have extremely small hands and all the musicman necks feel great.

• Members

Ok, now that I have figured out more of your post: the sterling imports are excellent. The JP one is the only one I know of with a truly thin neck. having short fingers or not isn't the important part about how thin/thick the neck is. I have small fingers and I do best with a medium/thick neck for the leverage/fit of my hand. Play the guitars and see if they work for you.

One nice thing about MM/Sterling: they have off-center necks which give you the advantages of both thick necks and thin ones, if you get used to them.

• Members

THANKS GUYS! i am heading out tha door to re-demo that ibanez,see if 300.00 would work. GC had one,copper color,mij,floyd,basically same as this one,but,hell they had a 229.00-price tagon it!!! i shoulda bought it,i offered 200.00,out tha door,pissed off the sales technician an he said a guy was cummin back to buy it,i was like yeah right,well the next day it was gone,salesman said an employee put it on LAYAWAY CAUSE OF THE LOW,LOW PRICE... I WAS W T F... HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived