accidental NAD!! School me MAPS guiys (recto content)

Bob Vila

• Members

so i just got a rediculous deal on a slant recto 4x12 cab and an old 2 ch dual rec :love: ...what the heck did I just buy? :eek::cop: MAPZ guys school me on how to use thing thing plx...looking for just brootz...ive got a decimator and a bb preamp to hit it up front. Ill post some pics this weekend but u know what this gear looks like. cheers and thanks!!! :thu:

• Members

so i just got a rediculous deal on a slant recto 4x12 cab and an old 2 ch dual rec
:love:
...what the heck did I just buy?
:eek::cop:
MAPZ guys school me on how to use thing thing plx...looking for just brootz...ive got a decimator and a bb preamp to hit it up front. Ill post some pics this weekend but u know what this gear looks like. cheers and thanks!!!
:thu:

decimator and BB pre...your doing it right!!!HNAD

• Members

I have a triple rec and effing love it. Recto's are awesome imo. The trick to them is dialing in with your ear, dont immediately set it to what you would another amp. Just go one dial at a time, keep the mids around 11 o'clock and the highs 1 or 2 o'clock depending what you do with the pres, bass to taste, and I personally find the gain works better around 4 or 5 o'clock and not just dimed, just roll it off a bit and you'll see what I mean.

• Members

I keep the presence and treble pretty low on mine, and add in more high end with the tone knob on my boost. That keeps the fizz from hitting it. Also the amp loves mids, and I'm talking around 3 o'clock. Don't throw the bass up really high either, that'll ruin it.

• Members

im super stoked about this thing...I love my mark IV but i want something that has bigger sound and feel to it. Its not a pre-500...from what I was able to gather, its a Rev. G... cant wait to crank it at practice this weekend :thu:

• Members

so i just got a rediculous deal on a slant recto 4x12 cab and an old 2 ch dual rec
:love:
...what the heck did I just buy?
:eek::cop:
MAPZ guys school me on how to use thing thing plx...looking for just brootz...ive got a decimator and a bb preamp to hit it up front. Ill post some pics this weekend but u know what this gear looks like. cheers and thanks!!!

Set it up for a good chunky rock chord sound (it should sound a bit flubby for palm mute stuff) then hit it with a fairly clean OD that pulls some lows out.

Instant brootalz

For rhythm work never run the gain over 12 o'clock IMO

• Members

im super stoked about this thing...I love my mark IV but i want something that has bigger sound and feel to it. Its not a pre-500...from what I was able to gather, its a Rev. G... cant wait to crank it at practice this weekend

Dude. I hope you keep em both. Marks & Rectos compliment each other so well.

Archived