Buying a grill Jenn Air vs Brinkman vs Weber

HKSblade1

• Members

HD has the Brinkman/Weber grills. They look alright, but I went to Costco and found a Jenn Air (not top of the line) grill with a seering side and real nice burners (4), rear burner and rotisserie etc. I liked the Weber and the Brinkman is so so.

I know Jenn Air is good appliances but haven't seen anyone with their grills. Will this outlast the other brands?

Jenn Air one is $650 Weber is $759 and the Brinkman is $399 and lower

Jenn Air

jenn-air-grill-21429827.jpg

Weber Genesis

getDynamicImage.aspx?path=Genesis-S310-L

Brinkman

Brinkmann-6418-gas-grill.gif

• Members

The searing side is supposed to be an "infrared" grill; infrared grills convert the propane into a "infrared radiation" (there term, not mine), which burns much hotter ...allowing for a faster sear to seal the meat. Most high-end steak house chains (the kind like Morton's, Lawrey's, Shula's, The Palm, etc.) use infrared grills. The patent protection just ran out, so infrareds are popping up all over. But I can't speak for the Jenn-Air, I know Char-Broil cheats the process, and their infrared burner really isn't infrared. Jenn-Air appliances are made by Maytag (actually, they are just re-branded Maytag appliances, it's the same company), but I doubt they actually make grills, I'm guessing they outsource that work to another grill company...Brinkmann, Char-Broil, ????

With Weber, you know you are getting an even, balanced cooking surface and warranty they stand behind. Otherwise, there is a lot of brand equity in the price and they still wear out in about the same time as any other grill.

Brinkmann's products are all over the place. For cheapy's to some pretty durable products. Their BBQ's are useless these days because of their 1/16" steel that won't trap heat, but some of their grills are nice. You have to make sure they over a balanced cooking surface. The last thing you want is to only be able to great steaks successfully on half of the grate.

Weber is the known commodity, and they'll always be good, but may not be brilliant, the other two may need a little testing, which isn't an easy thing to do. And since it seems every company rolls out a whole different line-up of models every year, finding enough objective reviews isn't easy.

• Members

I was trying to make the same decision. Read the reviews on the Jenn-Air, they are terrible. Jenn-Air licenses their name to a company in China that makes these. I went with the Weber E-320 and added a rotisserie. It may not be the best, but there are a million reviews and none of them are bad.

• Members

I was trying to make the same decision. Read the reviews on the Jenn-Air, they are terrible. Jenn-Air licenses their name to a company in China that makes these. I went with the Weber E-320 and added a rotisserie. It may not be the best, but there are a million reviews and none of them are bad.

95% of everything we buy is made in China these days. Most of the grills are using the same stainless steel grade now too (in this price range) or are cheaper cast material.

I liked the even more expensive weber grill (one i didn't list) but had to keep around 6 bills. We've cooked twice on this one and its very good. Even heat (unlike my last pos) and works real good for indirect cooking. The searing section is really nice too.

I read a lot of bad reviews about all of the above, but many were comparing them to models a few hundred dollars more than these so that didn't help. The better reviews were from cheap asses that buy Sam's club grills or CharBroil shit from Home Depot like me. This is the first time I spent over 4 bills for a grill. My ultimate plan is to build a nice brick one in the yard.