Replacing fret markers

alwaysharp

• Members

So you just drilled in the center and then what? I mean, exactly how did you get 'em out at that point? Did you just pry 'em out or something? Looks good by the way.

I didn't think this was a very common thing but I've found new inlays at quite a few websites. Warmoth, Stew Mac and a few others. So I'm gonna order the fret markers and some sort of epoxy. Any recommendations on installation?

• Members

So you just drilled in the center and then what? I mean, exactly how did you get 'em out at that point? Did you just pry 'em out or something? Looks good by the way.

I didn't think this was a very common thing but I've found new inlays at quite a few websites. Warmoth, Stew Mac and a few others. So I'm gonna order the fret markers and some sort of epoxy. Any recommendations on installation?

plan was too drill in the center then heat them up with a soldering iron to losen the glue then pry em out. most of them just lifted off on the drill but( 3mm drill bit) and spun around the bit, if you know what i mean...most of the glue holding it was in the middle.

i then sawed thin slices of rosewood and hand sanded them into circles ( lack of tools) hope that helps.

what do you want to put in there place ? abalony? i know i spelt it wrong we call it paua here in nz. its all over the place here , seems odd to order some

oh and because i was using wood i just used PVA, just put glue in the hole pushed the new bit down and left it

Archived