PS3 guys.....help please!!!

the_gunslinger

• Members

So I picked up a PS3 recently, and love it. One of the reasons why I bought it was to stream movies from my pc to the ps3. I was using Tversity, and that was working pretty good up till a couple of day's ago when the wireless router keeps dropping the signal. It would work for about 15 minutes, then the signal cuts out. Then I downloaded PS3 media server, same problem.

So what I've got is the modem plugged into the back of the PS3, and the modem is also connected to the router. My laptop is connected wirelessly, and I'm using the media server to stream movies. The PS3 has no problems finding the media servers, and works great for all of 10-15 minutes. The average file size is roughly 1 gig, maybe larger. My internet speed is about 7 mbps.

I can't figure out why my router keeps dropping the signal. Its seriously starting to make me angry. Do I need to configure the router or something?

Also please note, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to the really really technical stuff.

• Members

The computer is set to dim the display after about 10 minutes, then turn off the display after 20, it doesn't enter sleep mode. No screen savers either. I keep losing the router connection, and I keep having to reboot the router. But I changed the settings to just dim, not turn it off. I'll see it that helps.

Archived