Valhalla Rising

Cap'n Ahole

• Members

Just finished watching this.

Very atmospheric, & trippy. Better if you're a little stoned & not trying to make sense of things like my friend was.

Very little dialog, you will not understand it, you will either dig it or hate it.

I did indeed enjoy it. :thu:

Now... is there a book to this or some kinda bigger story?

• Members

This movie is fantastic, love the director. He also did Drive, so if you enjoyed this, go see Drive; or vise-versa if you saw Drive, watch this:thu:

I didn't know that. Now I have to see it. I was already interested because I had heard so many positive remarks on it, that it's a great time at the cinema since it's not a piece of {censored}, but now I'll try and catch this weekend after I check out flats with my sister.

Valhalla Rising is easily one of my favourite films. Ironically hipsters hate it because it's 'too hipster-ish' for them. It goes beyond their feeble minds and becomes a piece of mind-{censored}. I love it for the visuals, the badass-ery and the fact that it really does screw with your head in so many ways.

Unlike movies like The Matrix last two films, though, it doesn't really need to have a point. It's just a vehicle for you to create your own violent fairytale on.

• Members

Valhalla Rising, in a post.

Death more death

oh, look a.

Indeed.

Death

They'll go over there.

Yawn.

Thats odd.

Nothing better to do

Stupid bastards.

Yawn

Death

This..cheap...order...weird...explained...is...on purpose...edited to...trick...lazy...

More death.

End.

• Members

I didn't know that. Now I have to see it. I was already interested because I had heard so many positive remarks on it, that it's a great time at the cinema since it's not a piece of {censored}, but now I'll try and catch this weekend after I check out flats with my sister.

Valhalla Rising is easily one of my favourite films. Ironically hipsters hate it because it's 'too hipster-ish' for them. It goes beyond their feeble minds and becomes a piece of mind-{censored}. I love it for the visuals, the badass-ery and the fact that it really does screw with your head in so many ways.

Unlike movies like The Matrix last two films, though, it doesn't really need to have a point. It's just a vehicle for you to create your own violent fairytale on.

Indeed true.

Its like I said, dont try to "make sense" of a story line etc, just dig it for what it is.

Archived