Wah Wah Radio

MattM3

• Members

I have a new old wah pedal, Vox 847, and I want to do some mods. I noticed that right now, it picks up a local AM radio station clear as a bell. So I'd like to somehow shield it, mess with the caps or resistors, add an LED and maybe true bypass.

Does anyone have any GOOD links to how to do this stuff, especially the shielding part. Most of the links I can find are not very detailed or they involve sending your pedal to someone else to do the mods. I can handle a soldering iron and have built effects before so I have some experience.

Thanks.

• Members

Check out my links at this thread. I did notice in one of the article it talked about (don't qoute me) some resistors either being too low or high, and that made it pick up radio freq? I can't remember and there's a lot of stuff to thumb through. Good luck.

Sorry forgot the links:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1908843

• Members

Fantastic! Thanks. I think the Pedal Parts Plus web site was the best find. Finally, a damned pedal switch for less than $20!

Thanks a ton.

I did find some stuff on Dunlop's web site about radio freqs. They say you should shield the inductor(?) because this picks up radio signals.

• Members

Fantastic! Thanks. I think the Pedal Parts Plus web site was the best find. Finally, a damned pedal switch for less than $20!

Thanks a ton.

I did find some stuff on Dunlop's web site about radio freqs. They say you should shield the inductor(?) because this picks up radio signals.

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm a cheap bastardo. I might try a Whipple inductor as well, but the guys pricey and I don't know if his stuff is any better than the other stuff out there? His ICAR pot & switch look like the same stuff Pedal Parts Plus carries at twice the price. Good luck on your mods, I've got to home renovations to finish before I can fight my wah.

Archived