Homemade soundtrack - Left 4 Dead 2 cinematic intro

larips

• Members

All of the sound FXs are from the game files. Used the original sounds from the video for about 30% (mainly the spoken stuff), the rest I had to place myself, i.e. had to replace all explosions and gun noises etc. because those were buried under the original soundtrack.

[video=youtube;JbZvM6ez0v0]

• Members

Dude that's EXCELLENT. Be proud. You obviously have the ear and vision for this kind of thing.

Only criticisims are that some of the dialog didn't quite line up and the mix for the music sounded great on its own, in the context of a cinematic trailer I feel like it should be more hyped and over the top with the highs and lows and less mid-focused. Just more polished and hyped. Maybe even for the sound FX too.

But dude. Skills...you has them.

• Members

Dude that's EXCELLENT. Be proud. You obviously have the ear and vision for this kind of thing.

Only criticisims are that some of the dialog didn't quite line up and the mix for the music sounded great on its own, in the context of a cinematic trailer I feel like it should be more hyped and over the top with the highs and lows and less mid-focused. Just more polished and hyped. Maybe even for the sound FX too.

But dude. Skills...you has them.

Thanks Jesse G!

You're right, my mixes tend to be mid-focused. And yes, some dialog didn't line up because I could use the original and had just to find something "close enough". :)

• Members

Sounded great, man! Really {censored}ing good.

Once the first "rock" bit kicked in, it had a very Tom Morello vibe, which I dug (particularly because it WAS so mid emphasized instead of the typical "pump the highs and lows" crap everybody does) and then I thought it really did its own thing after that. Good {censored}, mang.

Archived