OT: **OFFICIAL HCAF 2012 NFL SEASON THREAD***

KCTigerChief

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
icon_lol.gif

Beat me, damn't. Oh well, he can't be as bad as Arians.
I actually like Todd Haley as a coach. I think he is a fantastic motivator. I think he WANTS to be in Pittsburg, because that's close to home for him, and I think he'll do a great job. His problem last year was Scott Pioli and him not seeing eye to eye. Pioli screwed him over on talent acquisitions, and Haley in turn, screwed the TEAM over by refusing to play Gaither over Barry Richardson, and TYLER EFFING PALKO over Kyle Orton. Christ Almighty!

Anyway, I think he'll do well for you man. I hope he succeeds there thumb.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Xance View Post
Peyton frown.gif
The writing has been on the wall for months now. We'll see if he's healthy enough to play. I still have my doubts.

Really anxious for free agency though. There are 3 or 4 guys available who fill the few holes (albeit, critical holes) the Chiefs have...Will be interesting to see how aggressive Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli are with the 30+ million they have available to spend...Better spend a big chunk of that to make the fan base happy. No one is thrilled we've been at the bottom of the spending tree for the last 3 years...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post
The writing has been on the wall for months now. We'll see if he's healthy enough to play. I still have my doubts.

Really anxious for free agency though. There are 3 or 4 guys available who fill the few holes (albeit, critical holes) the Chiefs have...Will be interesting to see how aggressive Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli are with the 30+ million they have available to spend...Better spend a big chunk of that to make the fan base happy. No one is thrilled we've been at the bottom of the spending tree for the last 3 years...

It's still hard. I hope he goes to he can win now.

IMO The chiefs need to build through the draft. Not a lot of free agents want to take their talents to KC.

redface.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Xance View Post
It's still hard. I hope he goes to he can win now.

IMO The chiefs need to build through the draft. Not a lot of free agents want to take their talents to KC.

redface.gif
We are building through the draft...Have been for about 5 years now. You can still get free agents though $$$$$$

• Members

yep its been said for a while now. they planned on taking luck #1. With the question marks surrounding his health it was the business thing to do. take Manning the second coming and rebuild.

I do hope he continues playing. after seeing him time and time again beat the texans and just win I've always like him as a professional and a player.

in other news, locked up foster for 5 years. well deserved i think, should be fun biggrin.gif hopefully they sign chris myers before williams IMO

• Members

i really hope the Lions keep building, its so awesome to have a decent team - been a long time.

will be interesting to see where Peyton goes. lost a ton of respect for Irsay, that guy is a tool.

im saying houston, they are the closest to being a contender although schuab is not that bad - he is not peyton though. if he goes to the jets imma be pissed, {censored}ing hate that fat {censored}.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sleewell22 View Post
i really hope the Lions keep building, its so awesome to have a decent team - been a long time.

will be interesting to see where Peyton goes. lost a ton of respect for Irsay, that guy is a tool.

im saying houston, they are the closest to being a contender although schuab is not that bad - he is not peyton though. if he goes to the jets imma be pissed, {censored}ing hate that fat {censored}.
we are way to close to the cap to land him. we'd have to lose williams and trade or cut schaub to get manning and even then I think we'd be cutting it close. plus just to much of a risk whether he is healthy or not. like you said schaub isn't bad (i like him for our team) and would be very wrong if we got rid of schaub after he has very much been a part of putting us in the position we are in.

with that said if we do land him, I'd say we are very much a SB contender biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sleewell22 View Post
its a business not a friendship. if you pass on peyton and dont have a top 5 QB you are just being reckless. its peyton freaking manning. one superbowl would make it all worth while.
exactly but right now his health is very much in question. don't think for a second if they knew he was gonna come back to his MVP form they would let him go, they'd keep him for a few more seasons, and "aaron rodgers" andrew luck then cut/trade him.

thats what every team is gonna want to know during free agency, if he can still throw. I'd rather a 100% schaub right now then a gimp neck iffy manning. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Peyton's neck is fully healed and medically cleared, it has been for a while. The nerve regeneration and rehab is what he is doing right now. There are mixed reports about everything, as usual. Ill try to find the video of him throwing that got "leaked" and post it.

• Members

did you see recent the vid of him bombing passes? he looks legit to me. one hit though and he could very well be done. you are right, his health is a major concern. he easily could win it all too , its a huge gamble.

KC or Seattle would work too, terrible division is terrible

• Members

Peyton's neck is fully healed and medically cleared, it has been for a while. The nerve regeneration and rehab is what he is doing right now. There are mixed reports about everything, as usual. Ill try to find the video of him throwing that got "leaked" and post it.

yeah i saw the video from him at duke. It was definitely him. I guess you can say I'm not totally convinced then. One blind sided sack and problems and issues could start all over again.

either way whatever team gets him I'm sure will be a decent team at the moment and with him healthy would be a playoff contender.

• Members

yeah i saw the video from him at duke. It was definitely him. I guess you can say I'm not totally convinced then. One blind sided sack and problems and issues could start all over again.

either way whatever team gets him I'm sure will be a decent team at the moment and with him healthy would be a playoff contender.

Yeah, but one blind sack and bad luck can take out any qb, peyton is no more likely than anyone else at this point. And those arent my words, thats what has been said by his doctors.

• Members

people say {censored} all the time, esp people who are paid to say {censored}. only time will tell.

4-6 recent neck surgeries combined with his age place him in a different category than someone fresh out of college. the same hit could end his career vs just ending the day of someone else. the human body heals differently when you are 36 vs 22

• Members

age would be more my concern. farve looked good towards the end but had many moments of fail. i think peyton's football IQ is higher but he def is not used to taking shots, isnt he like the least hit QB in football?

its a gamble, i would take it. like i said, one superbowl would easily make a 3-4 year incentive laden deal totally worth it.

• Members

age would be more my concern. farve looked good towards the end but had many moments of fail. i think peyton's football IQ is higher but he def is not used to taking shots, isnt he like the least hit QB in football?

its a gamble, i would take it. like i said, one superbowl would easily make a 3-4 year incentive laden deal totally worth it.

Peyton himself is a big reason he hasnt taken shots. He reads defenses very well and has a lightning release. Age is a worry i agree, butqbs hardly get slammed these days, and i think peyton is a GoaT, so we will see.

• Members

I'm hoping he ends up in San Fran, Houston, or Baltimore. If you are a owner/gm of a team that doesn't have a top 5 quarterback and don't take a look at Peyton, you are lying to your fan base that you are committed to winning. :o

The Colts should rename the field at Lucas Oil to Peyton Manning Field

I'm so angry and sad right now.

• Members

Peyton himself is a big reason he hasnt taken shots. He reads defenses very well and has a lightning release. Age is a worry i agree, butqbs hardly get slammed these days, and i think peyton is a GoaT, so we will see.

yeah this. his defense reading and QB IQ is amazing. thats why you want him. and he gets the ball out fast before the defense can react to routes and the offensive plan.

but after all is said and done, if he is healthy and playing as MVP peyton manning I would take him on the texans in a heart beat. I think that would make us super bowl contenders if not favorites.

• Members

So the minute free agency starts, the bears Trade 2 third round picks to Miami in return for Brandon Marshall. Pretty interesting move on Miami's part since they apparently wanted Manning so bad. Then you get rid of his best reason to go there?

That organization is run by some incompetent morons apparently :idk:

• Members

So the minute free agency starts, the bears Trade 2 third round picks to Miami in return for Brandon Marshall. Pretty interesting move on Miami's part since they apparently wanted Manning so bad. Then you get rid of his best reason to go there?

That organization is run by some incompetent morons apparently
:idk:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Made my day, and I've still got a show tonight.

PAGING OVID.

Archived