New DJ in town =)

Doggers

• Members

Hey guys, I am 18 years old and I am realy starting to get interested in DJing. I loved music ever since I could remember. If I will be lucky and get some gigs, its for the love of music, not money because I already have a part-time job already.

But the question is, what will I need to make my dream a reality, as maybe you guessed I am on a limited budget so for my first few gigs I want to get the nessesities only.

Right now pretty much I use

Limewire --->Music

Basic FL Studio ----> Beatboxing

Aspire Laptop ---> Storage =O

Ok, well what else will I need before I start looking for gigs =O.

Thanks a lot =)

• Members

good question... I'm in the same boat. except I'm in it for the money, not the music. I have a big PA system, but I'm making $0 with it. how do you guys go about getting a library together? lets have it with some tips for the newbies please! some "I wish I had known _____ when I first started" stuff would help a lot

• Members

I use a laptop for nearly all my shows. My karaoke and music. Everything runs through virtual dj. I still have a dual deck cd player for the occasional cd. The only wish I had known advise I can give is don't undercut yourself and buy quality gear! I built my systems from used gear I bought from local shops that I had dealt with for years when I was in a band. I bought 250 business cards and now only work off referalls. Study up! check out www.mobilebeat.com there is a lot of priceless info on that site!

Good Luck!

• Members

Hey guys, I am 18 years old and I am realy starting to get interested in DJing. I loved music ever since I could remember. If I will be lucky and get some gigs, its for the love of music, not money because I already have a part-time job already.

But the question is, what will I need to make my dream a reality, as maybe you guessed I am on a limited budget so for my first few gigs I want to get the nessesities only.

Limewire --->Music

Thanks a lot =)

Welcome. Define "limited budget". The necessities depend on what exactly you're trying to accomplish.

V.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Limewire --->Music

Thanks a lot =)

Sound is probably going to be what costs the most. Depending on the amount of people you plan to DJ for, it can get very costly, very fast. And if you opt for cheap speakers and amp(s) because you are on a limited budget, that'll define what you can play -- that is until you upgrade.

I believe I spent ~$1,500 on my PA and it allows me to play most gigs (weddings, parties, etc) just to give you an estimate. I originally bought a all in one PA & SPeakers for ~$300. I got it home, and realized it was way too small to do most gigs I watned, so had to upgrade...a lot.

• Members
...... its for the love of music, not money

Limewire --->Music QUOTE]

If you truly loved the music, you might actually pay for it rather than stealing it. Get a grip. No respected DJ plays pirated music. You're off to a bad start my friend.

From someone with 10+yrs experience as a club/ rave (back in the day) DJ

Archived