Killzone brought the FB100 over today.

gsxrbusa

• Members

Corey brought over his Engl fireball 100 today and we pounded a few beers and played some metal. Good times. Thanks Corey!

I still like the Engl tone. The Fireball 100 is damn near perfect. Huge bottom end, mids actually cut through and more gain than any one person would ever need. The clean channel was somewhat surprising too. Would go from pristine (at least my version of it) to an AC/DC type of gain. Pretty versitile really. It's what the 60w should have been in the first place. I recently got rid of my SE because it was just way too much for what I need in an amp. It sounded great but I only use two channels, seemed silly to have a $4000 amp for two channels. :facepalm: This fb100 sounded every bit as good as it did. So, I see one in my future for rehearsal purposes. Guess I can throw the Mode 4 in the trash. :rolleyes::lol:

Who wants to sell me one now? :lol:

• Members

Corey brought over his Engl fireball 100 today and we pounded a few beers and played some metal. Good times. Thanks Corey!

I still like the Engl tone. The Fireball 100 is damn near perfect. Huge bottom end, mids actually cut through and more gain than any one person would ever need. The clean channel was somewhat surprising too. Would go from pristine (at least my version of it) to an AC/DC type of gain. Pretty versitile really. It's what the 60w should have been in the first place. I recently got rid of my SE because it was just way too much for what I need in an amp. It sounded great but I only use two channels, seemed silly to have a $4000 amp for two channels.
:facepalm:
This fb100 sounded every bit as good as it did. So, I see one in my future for rehearsal purposes. Guess I can throw the Mode 4 in the trash.
:rolleyes::lol:

Who wants to sell me one now?
:lol:

Yeah, glad you liked it Tom! :thu: Now you gotta off some stuff pretty quick and get back into the camp!

• Members

I don't get the hate for it. I love that amp.

Is it more about reliability/quality control?

Someone's SE on here took a {censored}, and I believe the person had been an ENGL promoter [ie telling people to try ENGL] as well as having bought a few of them, and he couldn't really get it fixed because they don't like giving out schematics, etc. and basically had a bitch of a time getting it fixed. Think a few other people may've had issues too.

• Members

as well as having bought a few of them, and he couldn't really get it fixed because they don't like giving out schematics, etc. and basically had a bitch of a time getting it fixed. Think a few other people may've had issues too.

The midi ones can be a nightmare, the simpler ones like the fireball, powerball, blackmore...still pack the tone but not as much stuff to go wrong.

• Members

The midi ones can be a nightmare, the simpler ones like the fireball, powerball, blackmore...still pack the tone but not as much stuff to go wrong.

Ah, I see. Almost went with a Powerball, but didn't think the mids cut enough and had too much distortion and compression. Plus if I had, I would've wanted to trade it for a II.

• Members

Besides my like of most high gain PV's, the Engl Fireball has always been an amp I think I could get along well with. Only jammed on one once but I could tell I could make it work. Never tried the 100 but it looks like it's improved

• Members

Besides my like of most high gain PV's, the Engl Fireball has always been an amp I think I could get along well with. Only jammed on one once but I could tell I could make it work. Never tried the 100
but it looks like it's improved

Hugely improved imo. :thu:

• Members

The talking-to-clip ratio of his thread is WAY off.

...and I'm
still
waiting to hear the Mode4 sound like {censored}...that was also implied, but never delivered.

Jus' sayin'.

:cop: I think Corey recorded a short smidgen of me playing. Not sure if it's worthy or not? The mode 4 :rolleyes: I think not.

• Members

:cop:
I think Corey recorded a short smidgen of me playing. Not sure if it's worthy or not? The mode 4
:rolleyes:
I think not.

Yeah, When I deleted my google account it deleted my youtube account too! :-( I can email it to you and you can upload and poast if you want......

Archived