Got to record my new SG tonight. (Mic'd with a Shure Unidyne 545SD)

BillyCorgan

• Members

Nawt bad. It's plenty beefy for our songs. :thu:

The rig we used on the song is: SG Standard > Diezel Herbert > Mesa 4x12 > Shure Unidyne 545SD > Presonus Firestudio

I just did a few Mix/EQ adjustments before posting the preview. This is definitely not the final mix. I haven't touched the drums or guitars yet.

Bass was recorded with a Pod X3.

[video=youtube;qoawX2fAkXc]

522171_10150685930094087_502834086_94684

• Members

Yeah I also like the open chords. I like how you un-herberted the herbert, I wouldn't guess it is one on the open chords as I think this amp usually sounds a bit synthetic to me (which it is with all the active stuff going on). I hope/guess you have the mid cut off for starters?

The palm mutes in the beggining indeed have something clicky clicky!!!

• Members

Yeah I also like the open chords. I like how you un-herberted the herbert, I wouldn't guess it is one on the open chords as I think this amp usually sounds a bit synthetic to me (which it is with all the active stuff going on). I hope/guess you have the mid cut off for starters?

The palm mutes in the beggining indeed have something clicky clicky!!!

The open part is a mixture of mid-cut off and mid-cut on(layered under the "off"). We did the clicky part to try to make it sorta like a percussion instrument and i think if i drop it lower into the mix it might be ok. If it still doesn't sound right i'm gonna pull it out and re-record that part with the pod x3. :thu:

Archived