Did I buy a bad CD player?

CHIP ROBERTS

• Members

I needed a dual CD player FAST, so yesterday I bought an American Audio DCD-PRO310 for $179.99. I recently got to thinking about how I wish I would’ve made time to check this piece out. So tonight I decided to check out the Musicians Friend reviews on this piece and they were all bad!

The guy at the Guitar Center (yeah, I know…) told me this was, “the best CD player in the $200.00 range“. I needed it fast and I really didn’t have time to ask around about it. I bought a Numark CDN25(?) once, and deck 2 decided not to play. I was doing sound for a Disney artist! Not good!

Now, I don’t know a whole lot about these things. I don’t need to “scratch”, change the pitch or any of the other stuff these things can do. I just need to able to play a CD, maybe get another CD ready while the one is already playing, and skip to the next song.

I really don’t want to spend more than $350.00. Should a have gotten something else? If so, what do you recommend?

Thanks…

• Members

I had one for a while. Not the best piece of gear. For the sub $200 range, you're not going to find many gems. Especially from AA and Numark.

If you want a reliable dual deck, consider a Denon. For $350, you can score a used DN1800, DN2100, DN2600, DN4000 or DN-D4500.

V.

Archived