Recording guys: How do I do this...

soilent

• Members

I'm currently using AP Trigga in Logic 9 to sample the snare drum. Now, what I'd like to do is sort of copy or record that track to a separate track so that I just have the sound that I hear from AP Trigga and the plug ins used, so I'd have a track of what I actually hear as opposed to a track that I recorded with AP Trigga sampling over it. How do I do this?

• Members

Just bounce that track with FX to another track. I don't use logic but all DAWs have this function. If you can't figure out how to do that mute everything else and bounce the entire mix which will just be that track. Re-import it wherever you want. /Thread

• Members

That's kind of what I was thinking. However, if I have to mute, bounce and completely re-import will I have still have audio of the same quality?

You should. Just bounce the file at the same settings as the project (44.1 24 bit for example) or whatever it is you are using. Turn dithering off too. Seriously though logic should have some sort of an option to print a track with FX to another track. I have almost no experience with it but I've never messed with a DAW that did not have that.

Archived