Can someone help me identify these 7025 tubes?

Soundstorm

• Members

They came out of an older blackface 50 watt bassman. I'm not sure if they're original or not. The print says "7025 USA V3" on them. There are 4 of these and one 12at7.

There looks like there may have been an orange/reddish symbol on it at some point but it's almost completely gone.

Also, can someone please explain the difference between a 12ax7 and a 7025?

Thanks in advance!

-Trey

IMG_1049.jpg

• Members

Look like RCA's to me. Are they bad? Those things can last a long long time. Just had some last week testing higher than new Mullards.

In the time they were building amps, 7025's were lower noise than 12AX7. Today's 12AX7's are just about as noise free.

NOS RCA 7025's can fetch a decent price on ebay.

• Members

Woah...that would be {censored}ing great if they are RCA's. I'm gonna see how they sound in the Matamp
:love:

Don't forget - they're not NOS. They're used - thirty plus years worth. Not worth $150. On the other hand, they might not be burned up too badly, and sound awesome. But they could also be used up, weak, microphonic pieces of {censored}.

• Members

• Members

RCA made thousand of 7025 tubes that were used in industrial factories. I never realized these were worth this kind of money. I've got 8 of these NEW

And most of them are in landfills. Some people pay those kinds of prices. Others can find NOS, or lightly used examples for considerably less. Or they got their own personal stashes when they were still relatively inexpensive.

If I had eight NOS RCA 7025 tubes, they'd either be in my amps, or saved for spares. They wouldn't leave my possession.

• Members

Ok, so these tubes sound absolutely phenominal. I had an original Blackburn Mullard in the V1 position and the RCAs make the Mullard sound grainy and brittle in comparison.

Here's the bad part. My amp's now making this sort of static sound in the background while I'm not playing, I'm assuming this is the sound of the preamp tubes dying. They are old, and have a lot of playing time on them.

Looks like I'm getting ready to shell out some cash for some new ones. LOL

• Members

Can anyone confirm that the staticky noise in the background is a faulty preamp tube?

Radio Frequency noise PHHHHHFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Change out the 100K ohm plate resistors of the preamps. COMMON symptom.

Use Metal Oxide type resistors.

Archived