The verdict is in - I love the Celestion Lynchbacks!

sahlomonic

• Members

Had a battle of the bands show last night, and after maybe ~4 years of gigging, last night was the best my rig has ever sounded hands down. Seems like I FINALLY found a winning combination. My Scumback M75/H75 loaded Soldano cab couldn't even touch my 2x12 Lynchback setup.

V30s have been my go to speaker with the JCA, but the Lynchbacks give it more clarity and it just sounds so much more raw and aggressive. No ice-picky sound at all no matter where I had the EQ set. Also, with V30s I remember having to have the volume up at a decent level otherwise it sounded quite lifeless and had to compensate with upping the highs and gain. Not so with the Lynchbacks. Sounds good even at bedroom volumes. I remember having to set the Highs a little more than I did with V30s, but Like my M75/H75 setup, the warm mids were killer, and the Lynchbacks certainly have that quality. My biggest complaint with the Scumbacks were it just didn't have that "in your face" sound, especially compared to the V30/75 Bogner cab I A/B'd my JCA with a few weeks ago. The Scumbacks also sort of lacked a little low end. Lyncbacks cured that. It did get muddy once the bass EQ was pushed past 8 o'clock, but this is where I think I really need that Depth mod ;) Warm, yet modern is how I'd describe it. I remember being very fond of the Weber made Fane clones I played through recently, but although those speakers had a ton of clarity up top, I don't think it had the aggressive characteristics the Lynchbacks have. Maybe and X pattern of both would be cool :idk: I am tempted to try a mix of both of my Lynch speakers, but I think I would be disappointed with the Super Vs in the mix. Another thing to add is my tubes are nearing the end of their lifespan (seems like I'm turning up the gain and highs a little bit every week), so it's time for some KT66 tubes, and sometime down the road find a tech that can do some SLO mods and really open this beast up.

Had the Overdrive volume at straight up noon, and was LOUD :D

I'll see if anyone recorded audio last night, and if so I'll post it.

• Members

Nice, your rig didn't sound bad at all, so if this is an improvement, I'm looking forward to hearing it.

If you want to record a demo for the HCAF animals, I'd be happy to help.

At this point I believe its mandatory. Need a good afternoon with getting clips of both sets of speakers for comparison.

Archived